Sunday 7 July 2013

'GLAM-NIC'...

Waking up to such gorgeous weather, Vin and I decided to get out and make the most of the sun by putting our own spin on the old fashioned picnic. We present to you...'The Glamnic!'

After preparing and cooking our picnic food; homemade salsa, garlic mayo, home cooked tortilla chips, chicken skewers and chicken and chorizo wraps, we loaded the car and took the drive up to Castell Coch to set up our Glamnic in the picturesque shade of the Castle grounds. 




Who knew that a couple of picnic chairs and a car boot could look so magical!?


  
Chicken and Chorizo Wrap with home cooked tortilla chips

  
Homemade Salsa


  
Peek-a-Boo!


After fooling around and filling our tummies it was time to walk it all off. I used to come here as a child with my parents, so whenever I return it feels a little bit like home. How special that just 20 minutes outside central Cardiff lays this beautiful forest; silent but for the blowing of leaves and the trickle of a near-by stream. 



Speak soon my little daisies! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a magical day. Beautiful photos and food. I'm very impressed (especially since I was proud of myself for putting yogurt, muesli, and canned peaches in a bowl this morning).

    ReplyDelete