Friday 9 August 2013

LADIES WHO LUNCH...


Camera shutters and cake, what more could a blogging girl ask for?

Mum and I have set ourselves a mission...to try every afternoon tea in the vicinity of Cardiff. Today we treated ourselves to a gorgeous one at Jolyons at No.10... no not Downing Street, Cathedral Road.

After promising to teach mum some tricks of the makeup trade, see the final look at Yonks here, we headed out to an afternoon of Pink Prosecco and cake.  
White Shirt: Gap (here)
Vintage Levi's
Studded Courts: Very (here)
Vintage Leather Clutch: Yonks (here)
Jolyons, a large Victorian Residence on one of Cardiff's most salubrious avenues, has now been converted into a Boutique Hotel, kitted out with some beautiful interior design which is reminiscent of a French Country Manor.



Sitting in the large bay window, we sat taking in the view waiting for our platter of goodness to arrive...



pw_xYz on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs




UY9A2o on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs


 I was also more than pleasantly surprised by the cutest little duck shaped cakes...


"CHEERS"





Plenty of chit-chat and champagne later it was time for home.
I have a feeling we shall be returning soon however...

14 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. Tea (aka DESSERT) looks incredible. But, I'd have to put on shoes and real clothes (as opposed to sandals, shorts and T). Don't know if I can handle that. Still tea... DESSERT would make it worthwhile. Your un-made-up makeover of your mother is exceptional. Wish you could do the same for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cakes definitely did make the effort of beautifying worthwhile!
      Thank you, she did look great, not sure how much of that is down to my makeup skill though, she always looks great!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  2. Ahh more yummy things, I think I'm going to tag along to all the lovely places you visit hehe! The duck shaped ones are so sweet! Also loving your outfit a lot <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there has been a 'yummy' theme running through my posts lately ahah!
      Thank you, i recently rediscovered my love of vintage levis!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea!
    And girl, you look great and these photos are all so luxurious and everything look yummy :)

    Isabela | fusels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isabela, thank you so much! :) And I can assure you everything was yummy!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  4. MEG! You look fabulous! I am a blog friend of your mother's and I just skipped over here from her link. I admire BOTH OF YOUR photography abilities, and I love how you lightened up some of the photos (the chandy!) and your gifs. FABULOUS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, thank you so much! I must say I do get my photography skills from her!
      Thanks for stopping by, as a friend of mums I've heard so much about you, is great to finally put a blog to a name :)

      Phaze x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos, and yummy....what beautiful plating! Nothing more lovely than an afternoon out with your beloved mum!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy I can assure you and I love doing girly things like this with mum!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  6. Love the outfit! What a great idea for mother/daughter dates! I'm going to have to bring this up to my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so lovely! Tea, outfit and makeup... You are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete