Monday 19 August 2013


How exciting, my first award!
Here goes...

1. What are three things you can't leave the house without?

My phone- this thing is attached to me.
My camera- as a blogger, I've learnt that this has to become a second nature.
My lipstick- as a makeup artist and addict, this is a must.

2. If you had a superpower, what would it be?

Invisibility- not only for those moments where you just want to vanish, like an awkward family get together, but think of all the places you could go unnoticed, like a bank...

3. Do you have any weird phobias?

YESSS, and boy have I had some stick for this one.... VOMIT! I have lost count of the amount of times hearing someone say 'I don't feel well' has sent me into a state of panic. I thought I was a right weirdo until a couple of years ago when printed on the front of a newspaper I discovered it was the 5th most common phobia. 


4. What are two colours that you love together?


The only way I know how to answer this question without instantly jumping for my safety net of black and white is to link this question with makeup. My favourite eye-shadow combination is Burnt Orange and Smokey Brown...

Single Eyeshadow in Persia: NARS (here)
Single Eyeshadow in Galapagos: NARS (here)

5. Do you think more about the past, present, or future?

Well, being a prime example of 'mind running away with you' I will put my hands up at say I'm one of the worlds worst worriers, therefore I find myself thinking about the future and worrying about things that will probably never happen more than anything else.

6. Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?

Any court shoes ever invented ever in the world ever!

7. Do you have any tattoos? If not, would you like to get any done?

No, I'm a blank canvas. I have contemplated it on several occasions. Being a small part Cherokee I have always wanted the words 'Courage' or 'Protection' written somewhere in Cherokee script.


8. What do you love the most about blogging?


Mainly the photography as well as of course the social side of blogging, by nature I am a people watcher, you know, one of those people who sit in a cafe and watch the world go by, I find blogging a great virtual way of doing this, reading about the good times, the bad times, the places people visit, the discovery of a new beauty product... 

9. Are you more of a saint or of a sinner?

I've got to say my halo is well and truly polished, it slips occasionally but I take pride in saying I'm more of a Saint than a Sinner.


10. What did you do last summer vacation?


The thing that sticks out the most about last summer is Bootcamp! I wont be forgetting that experience in a while. The longest week of my life, being dragged out of bed at 5am, enduring 15 hours of hard exercise, being battered and bruised, climbing up and running around numerous mountains, being dragged back to camp ready to sit in an ice bath and then having dinner served to us in the form of a stick of celery. What was I thinking!? I've truly made this sound horrific, but honestly, its got to be one of the best experiences in my life.

11. What makes you happy?

I have to say, my family, they are what make me most happy in life!

What an award!? I've got to say I've really enjoyed answering these questions, sitting down and really thinking about life and provoking thoughts of the past, present and future that I may not have necessarily answered if I'd not had to think about such questions!
A special thanks to Isabela at Fusels for the nomination!

13 comments:

  1. I love this! My superpower fantasy is invisibility, too. "Emetophobia" ... the fear of vomiting ... I live with someone with that problem. But it's really hard not to laugh when he starts dry heaving at the thought/sight/smell of it. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually comforting to know I'm not the only 'weirdo' that suffers from emetophobia! It's a real problem and a nuisance at times! ahahah!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  2. I love your answers! I was quite expecting getting something make-up related in that question from you and I have to say I love these eyeshadows :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the only way I know how to think now! ahah!
      Thanks again Isabela, I really enjoyed this post!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  3. I agree, I love the insight blogging gives you! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great isnt it!? Thank you so much!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations dearest new blogger! And I too have got to have at least my lipstick with me as well as my phone. People watching is NECESSARY to be an artist, whether you are a photographer (and you are one fabulous one) or a wannabe writer, like myself.

    I am enjoying your new look to the blog as well! Many happy days, weeks, months and years of blogging; it can change your life. Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to do it, I sometimes probably look a little bit weird but I cant help myself! ahah!

      Thank you Anita, so supportive as ever!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  5. Woop, congrats on the award! I'm lovin your blog so much, it's so cool that you're a MUA! Just started following on Bloglovin and looking forward to new posts from you! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, its great to be getting such positive feedback this early on! And I must say I do love my job!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  6. Very well deserved, Congratulations!! :))
    This was the award your Mum gave me when I first started blogging...so sweet and lovely of her!

    Heee...I have the very same phobia...I can't even think about it.. ;)

    Congrats again!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete