Monday 12 August 2013

SEASONAL SCHOOL...

Those of you that follow me on Twitter (@PHAZElifestyle) or Instagram (phazelifestyle) may or may not have seen that I was sent on a very exciting trip up to London with NARS cosmetics recently.

Working for NARS cosmetics, this happens for me twice a year in preparation for the upcoming season. You may have also seen me tweeting about NARS's recent Fall 2013 colour collection launch, inspired by the great fashion photographers of the 70's. If you haven't seen it yet I strongly recommend you checking it out, HERE

Anyway, back to the trip...

In preparation for this years Seasonal School, each artist was asked to prepare a face chart reflecting the 1970's using the recent collection colours, and this was mine...


Taking inspiration from the fun, bold and colourful look that adorned the 70s, I've decided to recreate this high fashion look for you guys to follow in this step by step guide, its not as hard as you may think...



Step One; Bare


  No need to prime the eyes as a cream eyeshadow is to be used as a base.
  If your eyelids tend to be a little red, apply a little Radiant Creamy Concealer to even complexion.

Step Two; Base


  Using a Soft Touch Eyeshadow Pencil in Heat apply generously to the lid taking it right up to the crease bridge.
  This step does not have to be too precise, it just acts as a base for the eyeshadow to adhere to and to intensify the shade.

Step Three; Shadow


  Press and dust Eyeshadow in Bavaria on top of the Soft Touch Pencil.
 Blend the shadow upwards creating a soft halo of colour graduating up towards the brow bone. 

Step Four; Liner


  Line the upper lash line with Eyeliner Stylo in Carpates
 Wing the eyeliner out taking it slightly past the outer edge of the eye.

Step Five; Pop of Colour


  In the pop add a touch of gold Larger Than Life Long-wear Eyeliner in Las Ramblas

Step Six; Lashes


  Curl the lashes with NARS Eyelash Curlers
 Add several coats of NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara.

Add a slick of Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red and Voila, you got yourself one cracking 70s Disco look...


I will be featuring some more Step by Step makeup guides, so keep checking back!

Any requests? 


38 comments:

  1. Grate make up and you are so beautiful!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is beautiful! I love the colours and how bright and pigmented the eye make-up is.. also it's so cool that you work for NARS, I find that their concepts for collection are amongst the most interesting ones in the market! :)

    Isabela | fusels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what NARS are famous for, both their pigments and their concepts, I mean i don't know many other companies that could get away with calling a product 'Orgasm' and get away with it. :)

      Thanks again Isabela. x

      Delete
  3. You are so talented and I do have a request! How would you style EYEBROWS? You are just gorgeous and your blog is incredibly fresh and stylish! What you two are doing over there with your blogs, I AM LOVING! And thank you so much for coming to visit my blog! I'm following you now! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I LOVE eyebrows, I will definitely come up with a tutorial on that for you!
      Thank you so much Anita, being fairly new to the blogging world its great to get such positive feedback this early on, I really appreciate it, from all of you wonderful people! And I love your blog too, the horse theme is just gorgeous, Im following you too I believe!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  4. elles sont superbes les illustrations :)
    et j'adore le make up qui va être très tendance cet hiver !


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, these colours are going to be really popular this winter!

      Phazex

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous, Meg! Love that color combo...and everything Nars... ;)
    Thanks for the tutorial, you will be my go to girl...I may need a refresher or two if I head back to work in front of the m/u chair...
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irina, it's got to be Nars.. not that I'm biased or anything ;)
      Let me know if you need reminding of anything, you know where to find me!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  6. How exciting, I love NARS! Such a gorgeous look, love the colors! xx

    Keep calm and carry lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im glad to hear you love Nars, its great stuff!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  7. these pics are amazing! that color looks really great

    http://this-plus-that.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colours in this new collection are so lovely!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  8. Thanks You for the comment on my post! :) This look is so bold and colorful but, I'm not sure if I could pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It is pretty bold, I'm sure you'd look great in it, but I will be doing some more 'wearable' looks in the future though!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  9. your blog is lovely! and i absolutely love this bold blue look... i'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try, its fun! :)

      Phaze x

      Delete
  10. You've got such lovely eyes! This looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! The lip looks so nice with such a strong eye! Is your face chart done in water colors? xx RenaKiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      No the face charts are done in all the make-up that's used for the tutorial... I'm not that good of an artist ahah!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  12. Love your blog! Amazing job with the eye shadow! THat's incredible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did you get a job for NARS? That sounds incredible! Thanks for commenting on my blog and telling me about yours, I really like it, def going to follow on bloglovin <3

    A Golden State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've been working in makeup for 4 years now, I guess it was right place at the right time!

      So glad you love the blog, thanks for following!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  14. Ahhhhh this would have come in so handy considering I just had a 70's theme work function recently!! Love the look and a great tutorial to do next would be how to create the perfect flick with gel eyeliner :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww no, just missed it! ahah!
      Thank you so much!
      Ohh thats a tricky one at the best of times, its all about practice with liner, but ill definitely come up with a post revealing some tips!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  15. I Simply Loved The Look! It's Actually Wearable!

    And, You Are Very Pretty!:)

    And, I Also Like Your Header.. Simple n Neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the support, it means a lot when being so new to blogging!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  16. Beautiful! LOVE those colors!!! How fun to have been invited by Nars!


    Hope you'll get a chance and check out my blog. It's all beauty, life and DIY. If you ever have a fun Look/outfit of the day, or a fashion related DIY be sure to share at my "That's my Style" Link party on Fridays! :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Ill be sure to stop by and visit your blog!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  17. That's a beautiful and wearable look !!! I'm afraid of blues , but this tutorial looks pretty !!!

    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr ,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, before I started working in makeup, I used to be scared of anything that wasn't brown, and now I love it all!
      Thanks for the support!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  18. WOW - flawless! Not sure if I could pull it off but you look stunning.

    Congrats on the blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it is a bit of a brave look!
      And thank you for your support!

      Phaze x

      Delete