Sunday 8 September 2013

CHOCOLATE CHUNK WELSH CAKES...

Being someone who ALWAYS has a sweet tooth I found myself literally drooling after stumbling across an ingenious recipe of... Chocolate Chunk Welsh Cakes. 

Feeling particularly culinary creative this week I thought I'd give it a go and before I even really knew what I was doing I found myself stirring, mixing and rolling out my welsh cake mix... whilst making one hell of a mess might I add!



What you'll need: 
  225g of Plain Self Raising Flour
  125g Unsalted Butter
  50g Caster Sugar
  25g Chocolate Chunks
  1 Egg
  2 tbsp Milk
  Pinch of Salt

Start by sifting 225g of flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Then add the butter and rub until the mix resembles bread crumbs. Then stir in 50f of caster sugar.



Add the chocolate chunks and make a well in the centre of the mixture to add the egg and milk. Mix well until of forms a firm dough.


Next flour the surface and rolling pin and roll mixture out until about 1cm thick. 

pin on Make A Gif

Using round cookie cutters cut out cakes and place on a lightly greased griddle to cook for about 2-3mins until golden brown on both sides. 





Of course, I had my own little helper...



So she got her own Doggie Cake...




A modern twist on a traditional dish... Happy Baking!

8 comments:

  1. teeeheee....that Sookie has a bit of flour on her face! Just like a kid in the kitchen, she is waiting for her share, and she GOT IT!

    Now these look and have the very same ingredients as our American PANCAKES....and with chocolate? ALL THE BETTER!

    I am enjoying your blog so much, and don't you just love having the clean, white format with simple but very attractive black font? It makes your gorgeous photos stand on their own and tell the story.

    Now I think I shall go and make our Sunday breakfast of "pancakes" Welsh style! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is like a kid!! ahah!

      You will have to let me know how gorgeous those chocolate American pancakes taste so I can give them a go too!

      Thank you so much Anita, always such great praise and support from you!

      Enjoy those pancakes, Phaze x

      Delete
  2. Wow.

    Why am I being good before my holiday when this recipe exists?

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, how evil am I!? But if its any consolation I'm trying to be good before my holidays too and I'm sat at home eating crap like this... GOOD crap though!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for checking out my blog!
    These look delicious! I haven't baked anything in such a long time! Great post!

    http://hola-joanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were delicious, you'll have to dust your rolling pin off and give them a try!

      Phaze x

      Delete
  4. Hi - these look amazing! I will have to try making them.
    I have just started a blog of my own, I will be posting more recipe and craft ideas!
    Check it out - bettythepompomqueen.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    Betty Pom Pom

    ReplyDelete